Because supporting the emotional well-being of children and families is more important than ever, the Uplift team is working hard from home. With our #UpliftAtHome initiatives, we’re creating new ways to carry out our mission to serve Philadelphia’s grieving children and families.
We couldn’t do it without your support, and we thank you.
Thanks to your generosity, the Uplift Team is:
- holding virtual grief groups for families, school students, and community group participants;
- staffing the Philly Hope Line, a phone helpline to support School District of Philadelphia students during the current school closure and summer months;
- conducting telephonic crisis support for schools, community organizations, and city agencies in partnership with the Department of Behavioral Health and disAbility Services’ Network of Neighbors;
- engaging in phone calls, texts, and emails with caregivers and children to gauge their well-being, offer resources to calm fears and apprehension, and help them cope with their immediate and ongoing grief;
- facilitating a webinar series for support staff titled Support for the Helpers: Moving Through Our Collective Grief & Trauma Experiences During the COVID-19 Pandemic;
- presenting virtual trainings for principals, prevention and intervention liaisons, and school counselors within the Philadelphia School District;
- creating and sharing tip sheets for speaking with children about the COVID-19 pandemic, social isolation, and safety and protection; and
- hosting online book readings and activities for children and families.