Grief Support Groups
Uplift's Family Services
Uplift offers free peer-to-peer grief support groups to youth, grades K through 12th, and their adult caregivers after the death of someone close to them. No insurance or payments are required to attend a group.
- Peer groups are offered for children, teens, and young adults, and are separated by the developmental age of the participants.
- Caregivers have their own group meetings at the same time as the children and teen groups.
- Groups occur every other week from September to June in our locations at East Falls, West Philadelphia, North Philadelphia, Lower Northeast Philadelphia, South Philadelphia, and Center City.
- Referrals and phone support for grieving families.
- Educational materials about grief on children, teens, and their families.
- What is grief?
- What feelings are normal?
- How do we learn to deal with the loss?
- What are ways to remember the person?
- How can we heal our grief?
Attend a Virtual Grief Support Group
- All services are free and require caregivers to enroll the family for services
- Virtual groups take place online via Zoom – families can use smartphone or other electronic devices with internet/WiFi
- Children, teens and adults meet separately in the afternoons and evenings
- Sessions meet for 1 hour each week for 5 weeks
- Uplift also offers virtual services for Spanish-speaking caregivers with bilingual clinicians
- A new Come Together! group for children in Kindergarten to 2nd grade and their caregivers