Grief Support Groups
Uplift's Family Services
Uplift offers free peer-to-peer grief support groups to youth, grades K through 12th, and their adult caregivers after the death of someone close to them. No insurance or payments are required to attend a group.
- Peer groups are offered for children, teens, and young adults, and are separated by the developmental age of the participants.
- Caregivers have their own group meetings at the same time as the children and teen groups.
- Groups occur every other week from September to June in our locations at East Falls, West Philadelphia, North Philadelphia, Lower Northeast Philadelphia, South Philadelphia, and Center City.
- Referrals and phone support for grieving families.
- Educational materials about grief on children, teens, and their families.
- What is grief?
- What feelings are normal?
- How do we learn to deal with the loss?
- What are ways to remember the person?
- How can we heal our grief?
Attend a Virtual Grief Support Group
In order to provide the safest experience for our families, all Family Services groups for Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 will take place virtually. Group start dates are in October, November, January, February, and March.
- All services are free and require caregivers to enroll the family for services
- Virtual groups take place online via Zoom – families can use smartphone or other electronic devices with internet/WiFi
- Children, teens and adults meet separately in the afternoons and evenings
- Sessions meet for 1 hour each week for 5 weeks
- Uplift also offers virtual services for Spanish-speaking caregivers with bilingual clinicians
- A new Come Together! group is designed for children in Kindergarten to 2nd grade to attend together with their caregivers