Grief Support Groups
Uplift's Family Services
Uplift offers free peer-to-peer grief support groups to youth, grades K through 12th, and their adult caregivers after the death of someone close to them. No insurance or payments are required to attend a group, and groups are available to all regardless of immigration status.
- Peer groups are available for children, teens, and young adults, and are separated by the developmental age of the participants. Kindergarten to 2nd grade aged children attend groups together with their caregivers.
- Caregivers can also meet separately in an adults-only group meetings.
- Groups occur hourly over a five-week cycle.
- Referrals and phone support for grieving families are available by calling the Philly HopeLine: 1-833-PHL-HOPE (1-833-745-4673). Uplift clinicians are available Mondays – Fridays, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on holidays, 12 noon to 4 p.m. Translation services are available in over 100 languages. Youth 14+ years old do not require parental permission and services are available to all, regardless of immigration status.
- Educational materials about grief are available to children, teens, and their families.
- What is grief?
- What feelings are normal?
- How do we learn to deal with the loss?
- What are ways to remember the person?
- How can we heal our grief?
In order to provide the safest experience for our families, all Family Services groups will take place virtually until further notice.
- All services are free and require caregivers to enroll the family for services
- Virtual groups take place online via Zoom – families can use smartphone or other electronic devices with internet/WiFi
- Children, teens and adults meet separately in the afternoons and evenings
- Sessions meet for 1 hour each week for 5 weeks
- Uplift also offers virtual services for Spanish-speaking caregivers with bilingual clinicians
- A new Come Together! group is designed for children in Kindergarten to 2nd grade to attend together with their caregivers
- Translation services are available in over 100 languages.
- Youth 14+ years old do not require parental permission to place a call.
- Services are available to all, regardless of immigration status.
At Uplift, we recognize that addressing grief may also involve dealing with related health issues that can stem from stress and emotional pain. In some cases, this might include conditions such as erectile dysfunction (ED), which can be treated with medications like Cialis. Understanding the financial strain many families face, we also provide resources and information on how to access affordable healthcare options. This includes directing caregivers towards avenues where they can find effective and cheap Cialis, helping ensure they can maintain their own wellbeing while supporting their children through grief.