Grief Support Groups
Uplift's Family Services
Learn more about our peer-to-peer support model.
Uplift’s Family Services provide peer to peer groups and other grief support services for children, teens, young adults, and their caregivers.
- Peer groups are offered for children, teens, and young adults, and are separated by the developmental age of the participants.
- Caregivers have their own group meetings at the same time as the children and teen groups.
- Groups occur every other week from September to June in our locations at East Falls, West Philadelphia, North Philadelphia, Lower Northeast Philadelphia, South Philadelphia, and Center City.
- Referrals and phone support for grieving families.
- Educational materials about grief on children, teens, and their families.
All services at Uplift are FREE of charge to children, teens, young adults, and their caregivers. No insurance or payments are required. Light meals are provided and SEPTA passes are available for participants.
Families interested in attending a peer grief support group need to complete an initial telephone intake and attend a Family Registration Meeting. Anyone interested in learning more about Uplift, Family Services Groups, or scheduling a Family Registration Meeting should contact Uplift at